The 28th World Gas Conference, owned by the International Gas Union (IGU) and hosted by the Korea Gas Union, has been rescheduled to 23-27 May 2022, in the same location of Daegu, South Korea, under the name of WGC2022. The IGU Council, in its November meeting, confirmed the decision to reschedule by one year following a risk assessment around the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The highly anticipated 28th World Gas Conference will be the first major gas conference and exhibition in 2022. WGC2022 will unite the entire gas supply chain hosting 12,000+ attendees and 350 exhibitors, representing 500 companies from more than 90 countries, and generating top headlines from international press present at this high-profile event. After two years of the pandemic, more participants are expected to attend.
“As we have one more year to prepare, we are committed to ensuring every effort to deliver a hugely successful World Gas Conference. We will enhance the program to be more dynamic and innovative featuring key themes around the ever-changing gas industry. We look forward to welcoming you,” said Mr. Bong Kyu Park, Chairman of the WGC2022 National Organizing Committee.
WGC2022 will be an essential platform for energy leaders to learn and network. The international gas industry is looking forward to this opportunity to meet again and advance the conversation towards a Sustainable Future – Powered by Gas.
Over 500 speakers will present in 90 sessions across a four-day program covering a range of strategic, commercial and technical topics facing the gas industry.
PLENARY TOPICS AND FIRST LINE-UP OF SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED! Click here to view the latest program information.
- Plenary Sessions – The worlds most senior energy and environmental leaders will debate and be questioned for their views on the most significant issues shaping the global energy agenda in May 2022. PLENARY TOPICS AND FIRST LINE-UP OF SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED! Click here to view the latest program information.
- Luncheon Addresses – These sessions will feature leading industry figures and executives addressing topical issues in a more intimate setting. Luncheon Addresses will require an additional fee to attend.
- Current Debates – Have your say! These sessions will give audience members the opportunity to debate with invited senior level executives on the most commercial and strategic topics of the moment.
- Industry Insights – Drawing on their global network of knowledge the IGU Committees will lead this more technical part of the program. Providing attendees with an opportunity to learn, ask questions and share knowledge on the most relevant and timely industry information. Committee’s areas of interest include: Exploration & Production, Storage, Transmission, Distribution, Utilization, Sustainability, Strategy, Gas Markets, LNG, Marketing & Communication and R&D and Innovation. Speakers in these sessions will be selected through the Call for Papers which is now open.
- Technology & Innovation Sessions – Delve deeper and learn from experienced industry experts as they demonstrate and explain the latest gas industry innovations and technology. Speakers will be selected through the Call for Papers process which is now open.
Interested in being a part of our program? For speaking enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WGC 2022 Call for Papers
Taking into consideration the WGC rescheduling and the impact of COVID-19 on the energy industry, as well as the lives of the people in our community, we have decided to extend the Call for Papers submission deadline to the 27 September 2021.
We understand and are very mindful that in these challenging times and travel at a minimum, you need more time to make a decision to submit an Abstract to the Call for Papers. We want to assure you that we are keeping positive and encourage you to submit your Call for Paper Abstract during these times. There is no cost to submit an Abstract and we welcome all industry experts to take this opportunity to make your impact in front of the global oil and gas industry and speak at the largest global gas conference.
23 - 27 mag 2022
Daegu - Korea