30-11-2021 / redazione watergas.it
EMC 2021: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL EVENT FROM THE LEADERS OF THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
EMC Unites Eastern Mediterranean Energy Industry to Support a Sustainable Energy Transition
The Eastern Mediterranean Energy Conference and Exhibition or EMC, was held this year over the 10th-12th of November in Nicosia, Cyprus. After three days of unmissable discussions, we now know we can stay committed to delivering a cleaner energy future that is equitable and sustainable. EMC 2021 had support from the entire oil & gas and energy value chain, including Ministers from the region.
H.E. Natasa Pilides Minister of Energy, Commerce and Industry inaugurated the event in presence welcoming all the stake holders and then walked across the exhibition area together with Prof. Toula Onoufriou, President, Cyprus Hydrocarbons Company, Professor Cyprus University of Technology, Chairman Advisory Board encountering the companies exhibiting.
During the conference key messages came from H.E. Costas Kadis, Minister, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment of Cyprus, Republic of Cyprus, H.E. Mrs. Karine Elharrar, Minister of Energy, Republic of Israel and H.E. Dr. Saleh A. Al-Kharabsheh, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The leaders of the region reiterate their support to the Energy entrepreneurs.
The exhibition also attracted delegations from China, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Israel, Jordan, France, USA and the Ministry of the Environment and Energy of Greece.
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS...
- H.E. Natasa, Pilides, Minister of Energy, Commerce & Industry, Republic of Cyprus
- H.E. Mrs. Karine Elharrar, Minister of Energy, Republic of Israel
- Professor Toula Onoufriou, President of CHC & Head of EMERGE CoE – Cyprus University of Technology
- Ribbon Cutting with Natasa Pilides and Professor Toula Onoufriou
- H.E. Dr. Saleh A. Al-Kharabsheh, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
Informed insights from a range of influential professionals were presented at the Conference coming from John Charalambides, EVP-MENA Connector Subsea Solutions, Dr. Andreas Poullikkas, Chairman, Cyprus Energy Regulatory Authority, Aristofanis Stefatos, CEO, Hellenic Hydrocarbon Resources Management, Demetris Fessas, Acting Director General, CHC, Romain de La Martinière, Country Chair, TotalEnergies Cyprus, Mr. George Polychroniou, Executive Director, Strategy, Development and Regulatory Affairs, DEPA, Dr Symeon Kassianides, Chairman, Natural Gas Public Company (DEFA/CyGas) just to name a few.
Final attendee numbers:
- 260 Delegates
- 1186 Visitors
- 94 Speakers
- 88 Sessions
- 4 Ministerial Keynotes
- 15 Plenary Sessions
- 6 Panel Debates
- 49 Technical Sessions
- 80 Exhibiting Companies from 15 countries
- Including Cyprus, Italy, UK, Belgium, Brazil, Egypt, Greece, U.A.E., Lebanon, Finland, South Africa, Singapore, India, USA, France
- 65 B2B Matchmaking Event hybrid event organised by the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce. Countries included Cyprus, Italy, Egypt, UK, UAE, Spain, Israel, Greece, Serbia, Lithuania, and Croatia.
- Dr Symeon Kassianides, Chairman, Natural Gas Public Company (DEFA/CyGas
- Blue Limassol Project
- Ryan Pereira, Global Director – Gas & LNG, GaffneyCline
- Stavros Spanos, Deputy CEO at Hyperion Systems Engineering
- Our Platinum SPonsors CPP and Dynatron
- Gala Dinner
EMC 2021 has been the first event of its scale to bring the industry of the Eastern Mediterranean to explore the commercial and technical development of the energy basin. Fuelling both localised and wider region interest, leading stakeholders gathered to debate and assess the outlook for both upstream project development and downstream consumer markets.
DAY THREE HIGHLIGHTS...
- EEN Matchmaking Event
- Iro Spyropoulou, Head of Projectcts, Oceanica
- Closing Party
- Michalis Koutinas,
- Assistant Professor al the cyprus University of Technology
- Oscar Sell, AOT INTERNATIONAL LTD
It is no doubt that the Eastern Mediterranean is developing into a cleaner energy hub. Attendees of EMC enjoyed the perfect platform connecting with the region’s leading natural gas, renewables, and hydrocarbon stakeholders, and will be investing in the years to come.